Search This Blog

Thursday 18 December 2014

Changes for the better

In order to keep this blog fresh and interesting I have decided to make a few changes.  The first is the removal of the loadouts section, which was primarily used to showcase the range of layouts that can be created if you have multiple attachments.  Although still an interest of mine I have decided the direction of the blog needs to move more towards providing 'out of the box' information.  Because of this change I will also alter the Styling/Loadout category in my reviews to just become Styling and be marked out of a score of 5 rather than 10.  I will adjust all previous reviews to match this change by halving the already established scores.

The second change is the addition of badges, these will give a quick indication of the blasters best points and are as follows





Obviously the top two badges indicate the best and worst blasters, while the third and fourth are indicators of looking good and performing well.  These bottom two categories need to have scores of over 7 to receive the badge.  The top two categories require over 20 or below 15 to get the respective badges.

I will also add a new test for accuracy.  After watching a few Click Click Bamf reviews I liked their top 5 tests that they do.  So I have decided to add accuracy to my reviews.  Using the ideas from Shawn O'Neils Nerf Dart analysis I have created an indoor shooting range, the blasters will be fired from 10ft towards an A4 target with scores of 1-10 as seen below.  I will the fire 1 clip/loaded blaster at the target.  Each dart tip will be stamped with ink so it shows on the target.  I will also create a badge to show blasters that have great accuracy.  The scores will be averaged to give a score out of ten which will be included under the Performance category lifting this score to 20, as I feel it is the most important.

Bullseye Target 4
I will also look to become more creative with photography adding more live action and life model shots, similar to what Blaster Labs do.

A Facebook page is up and running as well be sure to check out Kiwi Blasters - News and Reviews Facebook page and give it a like, that would be much appreciated.

The final change is the title of the blog, which now becomes Kiwi Blasters - News and Reviews the change to title indicates my expanding collection of non Nerf products such as BoomCo, Tek Recon and knock off Nerf blasters.

I am hopeful that these changes keep you the reader interested and continue to showcase my passion for blasters. onwards to my next milestone of 10,000 views.


No comments:

Post a Comment